Sunday, November 21, 2010

Will working in Saudi Arabia disqualify me from receiving a Top Secret security clearance in the future


Will working in Saudi Arabia disqualify me from receiving a Top Secret security clearance in the future?
I am considering taking a job in Saudi Arabia, teaching the members of their Air Force how to properly fix their jets. The company that I would be working for is an American owned and operated company, working on a contract with the Saudi Air Force. When I return I plan on pursuing a job that requires a Top Secret clearance. Could this hurt me in the future in any way?
Military - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on what you'll be doing in Saudi Arabia. If your working for a US company in Saudi Arabia then you'll be okay as long as you don't buy property or make the wrong friends over there. If your working for a private Saudi company, then it's going to be tough but if the company is clean and your clean and your honest then you'll be well off. If you work for the Saudi government or a company contracted to the saudi government then that's when it gets as a disadvantage. in your case I wouldn't worry too bad. The company your in already has ties to the state department because that line of work has government oversight. Doing your job over there isn't going to hurt you but I'd advise you to think very carefully about all the things you do when your not working. Riyadh is pretty fun and has a great night life but if you want that TS I would advise partying to hard over there.