Saturday, May 1, 2010

Is it safe for engineer's to work in Saudi Arabia


Is it safe for engineer's to work in Saudi Arabia?
I was considering looking for a job with Saudi Aramco, but with current events the way they are, I can't help but think it's dangerous for westerners. I have heard its not wise for American's to go there. By the way I am Canadian, although it is almost impossible to visually separate a Canadian from an American.
Saudi Arabia - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Safety is an issue you must decide for yourself. Money as opposed to their rules and regs can make it tough !! They still believe in dismemberment,and drunkenism is punishable by DEATH(BEHEADING)
2 :
Just don't say your an American and you'll be fine. The reason you shouldn't broadcast that your American is becasue there are some idiots there that want to kill Americans.
3 :
Now the situation has become better, there are compounds for you people, don't worry.
4 :
You DON'T get beheaded for being drunk... Capital punishment is only for murder.
5 :
don't worry about the events..your enemy there is the sun and humidity :)
6 :
yes,it's safe get the job and come,believe me it's safe
7 :
no Saudi has the highest death rate from car accidents in the world.
8 :
Ha! SAudi is the safest place.. and in fact you'll be treated like a King if you say you are american.. They seem to get special treatment by the workforce ie: taxi's, shop owners, etc than the locals.. I myself am American-Saudi. lived here off and on all my life. but if I say Im american, I get better treatment than if I say Im Saudi.. People bend over backwards to help you.. The pay is excellent for westerners.. Try it, you'll get addicted to it and want to stay for the sheer pay benefits
9 :
don't be worry .. murders are in every place ( i still remember how was Miami ) in Saudi Arabia there are alot of compounds for foreign .. and police are surrounding them ..I advice you to come there especially to Jeddah or Alkhobar or al Dammam ..