Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Exporation of my car from Saudi Arabia to UAE


Exporation of my car from Saudi Arabia to UAE?
I am expatriate working in saudi arabia. I have offered a new job in abudhabi. I want to know how i can transfer my car from saudi arabia to abudhabi if i decide to relocate to abudhabi. eventhough i was in UAE before, I don't have a driving licence in UAE. Please help me with your answers.
Saudi Arabia - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1) Sell your car in saudi and buy new one in UAE 2) Drive it there ..
2 :
Get export plates from Saudi police dept, drive to the car UAE. In UAE 1. Obtain car insurance 2. Pass the emissions/road safety test 3. Fill car registration application 4. Pay the fees done
3 :
Firstly, You need to get UAE driving license. With Saudi License you can only drive for 30 days, and if you are exiting saudi then I guess your driving license is not valid. As for the car, you can export the car if you don't have any strings attached. But it a long process. If I were you I would sell my car, then buy a car there in UAE, unless the car is a 2010/11 model. besides cars are bit cheaper in UAE because of recession.